Friday, September 28, 2012

Kang Gary is to STAY in Variety Show, Running Man!

The rising fame of K-Pop (Korean Pop) and Korean entertainment now, is something that we are all aware of. My sister is an avid Wondergirls and other Korean drama or entertainment fan. I once have told her off for watching Korean dramas during the screening of my TVB dramas (in our usual fight on who-gets-the-television-remote).

That was until a friend of mine told me that I should watch this ONE episode of Running Man since it's freaking hilarious. I brushed it off because the video was loading too slow to my liking and not long later, it was forgotten.

A few months later, he told me the same thing again, and this time I took the time to load the video, sit and watch an episode. Episode 91 - Yoomes Bond, where the mission was to escape prison.

And that was when I succumb into the world of Running Man when started watching one episode after another of Running Man even though exams was a week or two away. #RunningManAddict
Bought this t-shirt from Runners  

Finished up all 109 episodes within a month and a half - I did that by watching 3 to 4 episodes a day for 7 days a week during the holidays. #lifeless

Once I've finished it all, there is nothing much to do but to look forward to Tuesdays because that is the day that I get to watch new English subtitled episodes of it online. The programme did really make me laugh until cry at times because of the jokes that they make.
That awesome moment when you see the chaotic "lets join forces to tear nametags" moment.

My favourite Running Man has got to be Yoo Jae Suk, Kang Gary and Song Ji Hyo (Y). A week ago, news broke that Gary and his partner in LeeSsang, Gil, were to leave all variety shows because of some internet troll which put them in 'guilt'. 

News begun to flood on my Facebook newsfeed by Running Man Facebook fan pages and also on my friends' timeline. That's when I got to know the Running Man fans on my Facebook friends list (lol). Joel here for one, have written an open letter on why Gary cannot leave Running Man.

With all the "Please don't leave message" and news which rumoured that the one turn around solution is Jae Suk who might be able to persuade Gary not to leave because he has succeeded in persuading another member of Infinity Challenge, Jung Hyung Don, to not leave (source).

True to that (which I think fans all around the world is cheering to the news), official statement was released stating that GARY IS NOT LEAVING Running Man!

LeeSsang released the following statement (Source):
“Hello, all. This is Leessang. Firstly, we sincerely thank all of you who have made us more mature through  your encouragement and scolding. We found it too difficult to withstand the names ‘Leessang’, which we’ve worked hard on for the past 10 years, and ‘Leessang Company’, which we’ve started with hopeful ambition, being [put in a negative light], and so we decided to leave the variety industry in order to focus more on our music and concerts. However, because of us, many people were getting hurt, and more than that, we didn’t want to burden our members, who’ve always been loyal and stayed beside us; though we’re ashamed and sorry, we’ll be returning to the programs. We’ll give more music, concerts, and laughs to everyone with a better attitude. Rather than asking you to trust us, we’ll work our hardest so you can. We’ll pay you back. -posted by Leessang (Gary & Gil).”
Yay to Gary and Gil; Running Man crew; and fans all around the world!

Running Man episodes lately have been very interesting and entertaining. The concept of putting members in an enclosed place with marked targets (following the numbers that they picked out) reminds me very much of the film, Hunger Games (2012). The intensity and adrenaline from these episodes is so high that it keeps you at the edge of your seat. I even made the effort to watch these episodes twice or thrice since it's so entertaining.

3 comments:

Joel Wong said...

I'm so glad that Gary isn't going to leave Running Man after all! our prayers have been answered! =D

All Runners rejoice!

Charmaine Pua Li Ping said...

YAY!!! I'm quite amazed how they make a variety show so hilarious la

MichLeong said...

Everyone's breathing sigh of relief now. It wouldn't be the same without Gary or any other RM members. Joong Ki shouldn't leave either D:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...