Disclaimer: A Sponsored Post :)
Time flew by, and it is now already December 2011. Many things have happened this year, and one of the most significant event that happen this year in my life is to step into the legal age (of Malaysia). Turning 21 is not all about the freedom to drink or enter clubs legally. There is more to it. And one of them is to carry out our duty as a citizen to the country: to vote.
If you would have followed me, I have once before posted about me registering myself as a voter at certain selected registration booth during their campaign back in May (Read the article here).
A brief facts about Suruhanjaya Pilihan Raya Malaysia (SPR):
- In accordance to Article 113 of the Federal Constitution, one of the functions of SPR is to register qualified citizens to ensure that they are able to choose a representative to voice out their concerns and interest in the House of Representative or Legislative Assembly of a State.
- SPR carries out two type of registration: new registration and registration to change the home address and (or) voting centres.
- Based on the election laws, SPR can register two types of candidates: normal candidates (those who have to be present in voting centres to vote during elections) and absent voters (those who are not able to attend due to specific reasons. They therefore, are allowed to vote through the pos).
Information was self-translated from SPR Background website information.
Those who are not of age YET, you should all go and register yourself as soon as you reach the age of 21. This is your only chance to exercise your rights as a citizen of the country.
All you need to fulfil is:
- To be a citizen of Malaysia;
- Are of the age of 21 years old;
- Permanently or ordinarily residing in an area where the election is held; and
- Not being obstructed by any laws.
If you have registered and is wondering whether or not your application has been approved, you can simply:
- Visit http://www.spr.gov.my/
- Under "Perkhidmatan Atas Talian" click "Semak Daftar Pemilih"
- Key in your identification card number
- Wait for your details to load on the webpage.
just right beside the iPhone as seen in the picture above
So, what are you waiting for? Go out there and play your part! Every votes counts :)
**Visit [HERE] for more information on the available SPR registration centres.